There was uproar at Allen Avenue after some Kai officials picked up a recharge card seller beat him up and forced him into their van. passersby who thought this was not right descended on the officials and also beat them up. When they knew the crowd was too much for them they quickly rushed into their van and drove off. Unfortunately, there one of them was unlucky and he was left behind. So he paid for their sin, they descended on him the more
The oldest secondary school studentin Nigeria, Mohammud Modibbo died on the 10th of September at age 94. He is a JSS 2 student of School for Arabic Studies. The man who was unable to go to school as a child because he worked as a trader, so he decided to go to primary school at age 87.
His teacher said he was a jolly good fellow.
He also said "During classes, he was very attentive and asked questions when he didn't understand, either asking the teacher or a student sitting beside him,"He also added that the late Mohammud had a vision of going to a University.
Nkem Anekwe, the elder sister of Oluchi Anekwe, the student of the Unilag, who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire on Tuesday, said the cause of her sister's death was the negligence of the UNILAG Medical Center. She also added that the high-tension wire, which killed Oluchi also fell on her other sister, Uju, but she survived the inncident. According to report, Uju is a student of the College of Medicine, Idi Araba, she was injured by the cable and was also rushed to the hospital. It was learnt that Oluchi and her sister were returning from an evening Mass, when the high-tension wire fell on them. The both of them were rushed to the medical centre alive. Another sorce said that Oluchi could have survived if she was promptly attended to.
An eyewitness said,
“It was not only Oluchi that the wire fell on; it also injured Uju. I got to know about the incident at about 8pm. I quickly rushed to the university’s medical centre. When I got there, Uju told me that she and Oluchi had held each other’s hands as they walked to the hostel. The wire fell on Oluchi’s left arm, and the two of them were electrocuted. Oluchi lost consciousness immediately, while Uju managed to call out to passersby to help them.Both of them were rushed to the medical centre. The officials on duty requested their identity cards and said they would not do anything until the cards were brought. When I got to the centre, Oluchi was alive, as her eyes were open and her body was warm and normal, but only her left arm was stiff. I asked the medical personnel if any first-aid was given to her, but they did not reply me.”
What do you think about this.